The Brandster Business Privacy Notice
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Thebrandster Services under this Privacy Notice will be stored at our office located in Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Thebrandster.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Thebrandster.com. We use your information to handling your orders, delivering products and processing payments, communicating with you about orders, products and promotional offers with respect to our website, updating our records and generally maintaining your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend products that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Thebrandster.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Thebrandster.com on other web sites. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Thebrandster if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
By using or continuing to use the website you agree to our use of your information (including sensitive personal information) in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as may be amended from time to time by Thebrandster.com in its discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring and sharing information (including sensitive personal information) related to you with third parties or service providers for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for Thebrandster.com to disclose your information, if so required under the applicable law.
What about Cookies
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as Recommended for You, personalised advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Thebrandster Associates with content served by com) and storage of items in your Cart between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does Thebrandster.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Thebrandster.com shares customer information only as described below and with The Brandster and the subsidiaries which The brandster, controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers:We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail to our customers, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable law.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of com and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Thebrandster.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organisations, government or regulatory authorities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside India in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws including but not limited to Information Technology and the rules framed thereunder.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on "Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements".
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Thebrandster.com may also display personalised third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on Thebrandster.com or visits to Thebrandster.com. Although Thebrandster.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalised advertisement meet the criteria used to personalise the ad.
What Information Can I Access?
Thebrandster.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Thebrandster.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such com features as Your Profile Wish Lists, Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of com and orders placed with Thebrandster.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use the Thebrandster.com Business marketplace?
Use of the Thebrandster.com Business marketplace is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the New Zealand Contract and Commercial Act, 2017, and who are business customers. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, who is responsible or operating or functioning a business establishment or ordering products for the business or institutional usage of a business establishment, you may use the Thebrandster.com Business marketplace only if you have been specifically authorized by your relevant business establishment.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at Thebrandster.com, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post or participate in a contest or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through Thebrandster.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries, provide and rate Reviews; and employ other personal notification services such as such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; content of reviews, credit card information; e-mails to us; and financial information.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Thebrandster.com include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personal information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and address book); payment settings (including credit-card information and gift certificate, gift card and cheque balances); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivery notifications, Recommended for You and newsletters) recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history and Favourites); Wish Lists and Marketplace seller accounts and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests and Recommendations, your Listmania lists, "So You'd Like to..." guides, personal profile, people you tagged as interesting, and Thebrandster.com Friends).
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by Thebrandster.com Group Companies, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.